LIFESTYLE NEWS - Fluffy dumplings make a delicious topping for this hearty and comforting soup.
- 70g cake flour
- 70g mealie meal
- 2,5ml instant dry yeast
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml (½ cup) warm water
- 30ml (2 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 350g broccoli, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 baby marrow, chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 4 chicken breasts, roasted and cubed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make the dombolos, mix all of the dry ingredients well together in a large bowl and pour in the water. Mix until you have a workable dough.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, for about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into small pieces and roll into balls. Place on a tray and leave in a warm place for 8 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large pot and sauté the garlic.
- Stir in the potato and leek and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the dombolos on top of your soup, cover the pot and cook until the dombolos have puffed up, for 20 – 30 minutes.
Recipe supplied by Potato Nation