MOSSEL BAY NEWS - Following several enquiries regarding the status quo at the Garden Route Casino after the disaster announcement made by President Cyril Ramaphosa due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Tsogo Sun group responded as follows:
In response to President Ramaphosa’s call for the country to work together to flatten the curve on the spread of the coronavirus, Tsogo Sun Gaming has announced several far-reaching measures aimed at keeping guests at its 13 entertainment destinations safe.
We will continue providing safe and hygienic spaces for our guests to be entertained. We take our responsibility in this regard extremely seriously and our already high standards of health and hygiene have been stepped up even further.
Bolstering hygiene standards
Additional measures have been implemented to reduce the risk of infection. This includes:
- Medical-grade sanitizers are available at entrance checkpoints and other stations around the complex
- All cleaning, front-line staff and tenants have received information on the daily measures to be taken
- Outsourced cleaning companies are being employed on increased shifts
- Increased frequency of cleaning on all surfaces throughout the casino, in bathrooms and other areas, is now standard practice
- All staff arriving on duty undertake a sanitizing protocol which continues throughout their shifts
- Educational messages for both staff and guests conveying the steps to take to protect against infection are displayed
- Alcohol sales on all our casino floors have been suspended until further notice
- With immediate effect all events and various conferences have been cancelled
The following key venues have been temporarily closed:
- The Teatro at Montecasino
- Pieter Toerien's Montecasino Theatre and Studio
- Bird Gardens at Montecasino
- The Lyric at Gold Reef City
- Gold Reef City Theme Park
- The Globe at SUNCOAST
- Barnyard Theatres at Silverstar and Suncoast
- All creche facilities at our casinos
Movies@ cinemas at Montecasino, Gold Reef City, Silverstar, The Ridge, Emnotweni and Hemingways
- The number of shows per day has been reduced and staggered show times have been implemented to minimise the number of patrons in the foyer
- Only 100 movie-goers will be allowed into each movie-theatre
- No online bookings will be taken
- Tickets can be purchased on a first-come-first-served basis on site up to a capacity of 100
- Increased hygiene measures have been implemented at all cinemas
- Select restaurants, at our properties, will be open for business
All our interventions are focused on ensuring the health and wellbeing of our guests. As the situation is constantly evolving, we are monitoring announcements by the National Department of Health and will adjust plans in line with their guidelines and best practice to ensure the safety of our guests.
'We bring you the latest Mossel Bay, Garden Route news'