MOSSEL BAY NEWS AND VIDEO - The situation in the Mossel Bay area where violent protests broke out early this morning, remains tense.
All the roads barricaded are still closed to traffic.
The turnoff to Dana Bay remains closed and members of the public order police unit have been deployed to restore calm.
The KwaNonqaba Police communications officer, Sgt Kapp reiterates that there is no truth to rumours that scores of protesters are marching on Dana Bay.
"Residents must please remain calm. The public order policing unit is deployed and on scene to address the situation."
The municipal manager Adv Thys Giliomee has also urged the community not to attempt to take the law into their own hands but to remain calm and allow the law enforcement officers to do the work they are trained for.
• The Louis Fourie Road | Flora Road intersection at the entrance to Dana Bay is closed to traffic due to tyres being set alight.
• The N2 direction Mossel Bay past Asla Park is closed in both directions due to stone throwing.
• N2 blocked off between Voorbaai and Dana Bay.
• Louis Fourie Road closed between Dana Bay and Casino Road turn-off.
• N2 traffic to Mossel Bay diverted at Herbertsdale turn-off to link with R328 – same applies Hartenbos side of N2.
Watch a video, taken at the Danabaai | Louis Fourie Road intersection, below.
Read previous articles:
'We bring you the latest Mossel Bay, Garden Route news'