GENERAL NEWS - Try this chicken and mushroom phyllo pie from Royco.
Phyllo means ‘leaf’ in Greek and, as opposed to puff pastry, it has almost no fat. Did we mention it’s deliciously crisp and flaky when baked too?
- 2 leeks thinly sliced;
- 250g brown mushrooms, sliced;
- 60ml oil;
- 2-3 chicken breast fillets sliced;
- Royco Creamy Mushroom Pour Over Sauce;
- 2-3 sheets phyllo pastry;
- 45ml butter or margarine, melted.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fry leeks and mushrooms in ½ of the oil. Place in a 20cm oven-proof dish.
- Stir-fry chicken in the rest of the oil. Season and add to the leeks and mushrooms.
- Prepare the Royco sauce according to packet instructions. Stir into the chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Brush each phyllo sheet well with melted butter/ margarine, then cut into four strips. Scrunch each strip into a loose ball and place it on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the phyllo is golden.
For more recipe inspiration, visit royco.co.za.