LOAD SHEDDING NEWS - Load shedding will continue on Tuesday 1 June, with power utility Eskom confirming stage 2 will be implemented from 16:00 this afternoon until 05:00 on Wednesday morning (2 June).
This after further breakdowns were experienced at the Kriel, Arnot, Majuba and Tutuka power stations over the past 24 hours.
“This load shedding will assist to replenish the emergency generation reserves, which have been utilised over the past three weeks to avoid load shedding during the day,” Eskom said.
Eskom also said despite a generation unit at both Kusile and Arnot returned to service, this does not guarantee that load shedding will stop.
Load shedding is likely to be implemented for the rest of the week, as high winter demands persist.
Electricity users are urged to reduce their consumption as much as possible.
GARDEN ROUTE | KAROO AFFECTED TIMES:
George and Sedgefield:
- Off on Tuesday from 22:00 - 00:30.
- Off from 17:00 - 19:30 on Tuesday
Knysna and Plettenberg Bay:
- Not affected
- Not affected
- Off from 04:00 - 05:00 on Wednesday morning
- No towns affected
- Aberdeen: Not affected
- Graaff-Reinet: Not affected
- Willowmore and Cradock: 17:00 - 19:30 today; 01:00 - 03:30 tomorrow
- Nieu-Bethesda: Not affected
- Steytlerville: 23:00 - 01:30 tonight
- Murraysburg: 17:00 - 18:30 this afternoon and 00:00 - 02:30 tonight
- Middelburg: Not affected
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Karoo, Hessequa news'